Our main aim is to provide our customers with an ideal solution in the minimum time. To that end, we have developed a number of services, some of which are documented below. In each case, our consultant(s) would visit your site (free of charge) to scope, plan in outline and to cost the assignment and to define the deliverables. You would know before engagement exactly what to expect and we would together review deliverables on completion to ensure complete satisfaction before any invoices are raised. Please see the list of services to see if any meet your needs. Other services are available, provided under the same terms and structure, so do not hesitate to contact us to see if we may be of help to your organisation.
Process development, implementation and management
We can provide expertise in service management process design and documentation. Bespoke processes can be designed to suit organisational needs and documentation developed in customer terms, or they can be based on ITIL® version 2 or version 3 and/or on ISO/IEC 20000.
The process design service will deliver documented processes, complete with:
- Definitions of process triggers
- Metrics and tools for measuring process quality
- Process output templates
- Process stakeholder analysis, defining the roles and responsibilities of process execution, management and monitoring.
If the customer wishes, we can provide short-term management of processes and process areas leading up to a full Post-Implementation-Review to ensure benefits realisation.
Baseline assessments and production of improvement plans
When considering improvements, it is vital to understand, agree and document the current situation in order to know what to improve and how to improve it and to have a known baseline against which improvement can be measured.
Our assessment service will assess your service management processes against best practice standards and provide a full report detailing the curent situation with each process and making recommendations (where appropriate) for process improvement. The assignment can be scoped by:
If required, we will also provide expertise to manage the implementation of planned improvements.
- Function, department or team
- Service Lifecycle phase (especially Design, Transition and/or Operation).
ISO/IEC 20000 interim pre-assessment audits and training
If your organisation is gaining or maintaining accreditation to the ISO/IEC 20000 service management standard, we can help control your costs by:
As with other assignments, this service can be scoped to suit current customer needs.
- Conducting pre-assessment audits to enable corrective actions to be implemented where necessary and avoiding non-compliance at formal assessment
- Training in-house staff as internal auditors so that ad-hoc interim and pre-assessments can be carried out. In this case we will also provide some simple tools to facilitate future audits and assessments.
Service Catalogue, Service Level and Operational Level Agreement development
The Service Catalogue is often seen as the most appropriate and important product with which to clarify and manage expectations, but developing one is more difficult than it first appears. Identifying what is a service is often contentious, but has be done before agreements can be put in place to enable the service to managed to meet customer expectations. We can help by:
We may then, if required, develop service reporting methods and service reports to ensure ongoing service management.
- Identifying customers
- Identifying and documenting services in a service catalogue or catalogues
- Identifying service provider functions
- Drafting Service Level and Operational Level Agreements in an appropriate structure.
Facilitated workshops are powerful tools (when run correctly) for capturing requirements, drafting plans, designing processes and ensuring stakeholder buy-in to many activities in service management. We can provide an expert facilitator who will:
- Scope and plan the workshop(s)
- Invite and brief attendees
- Prepare the workshop tools
- Facilitate the workshop(s)
- Document the outcomes.
We can provide expert, experienced and qualified managers to fill any service management role covering for absence or plugging the gap whilst recruitment takes place.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdon and in other countries.